Melissa in the Morning is hosted by Melissa Sheketoff who gathers top news headlines locally and nationally to keep WICC600 listeners in the know, delivering the information that matters most to you.
Every week, enjoy live interviews from state leaders, business owners and local experts. Melissa has recently connected with Governor Ned Lamont, who has agreed to take YOUR questions bi-weekly on the show. Consistently, Melissa also talks to U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal, U.S. Congressman Jim Himes, Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim and State Senator Tony Hwang. Local experts include infectious disease expert, Dr. Fred Browne of Griffin Health, Luke Frey from the Better Business Bureau, The Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities and Bridgeport Health Director Lisa Morrissey.
Enjoy original weekly segments like “Community Inspiration,” “Marriage Advice” and “Crime on the Mind.” Community Inspiration highlights Connecticut residents who live normal lives doing extraordinary things. Every week, you can meet people of all ages who are inspiring their community and loved ones through their work, outlook on life, actions and good deeds. Marriage advice is a bi-weekly check-in with relationship consultant, Bob Donovan, who gives tips to a healthy marriage and perspective for couples to think about. Crime on the Mind features Lt. James Perez from the Fairfield Police Department, who travels around the country teaching crime prevention to other police departments. He gives us the top crimes happening right now and tips for the public to stay safe and be proactive.
You’ll hear weather and traffic on the 6’s from our chief meteorologist Bill Jacquemin and our traffic reporter Kellie Quinn.
1. Senator Tony Hwang dives into the proposed public option for health care in Connecticut. Who will pay for this new coverage and why are brokers at risk of losing their jobs across the state? ((00:10)) 2. Officer Mike DeVito reiterates that “bored kids” aren’t the ones stealing purses and cars…these are criminals beating the…Continue Reading
1. Governor Lamont addressed covid questions but also claims car theft upticks could be a result of kids out of school…not quite what Melissa expected. ((00:10)) 2. Congressman Himes admits the latest stimulus package is probably too big. ((14:24)) 3. Senator Kelly address this public option of health insurance and why it could drive brokers…Continue Reading
Stamford Health reports hundreds of COVID-19 vaccine appointments available through the weekend Stamford Advocate NWS: Parts of CT could see snow on Sunday CT Post Police: Group denied COVID vaccine at CT CVS after taking ferry from NY CT Post Paid COVID leave for teachers, commuter lot testing: Lamont order contains a host of changes…Continue Reading
1. Senator Richard Blumenthal gives a clearer picture of this latest stimulus package in Washington. ((00:10)) 2. Lt. Governor talks about why women-owned and minority-owned businesses were jipped from loan opportunities and what they can do now. ((12:33)) 3. Lawmakers want to nix Daylight Savings Time in Connecticut…why Bill Jacquemin says it’s a GREAT idea!…Continue Reading
Dr. Browne breaks down the misconception when doctors see a vaccine is RESISTANT to a strain of covid. That does not mean it doesn’t work. So what does it mean? And a closer look at the future for children 16 years and younger. As you know, they have not been cleared to get the covid…Continue Reading
‘I didn’t do it’: Michelle Troconis proclaims innocence in Jennifer Dulos case in newly released video interview CT Post Need to renew a CT driver’s license? Now you can do it online CT Post Atlantic Standard Time? Bill would move CT into a new time zone CT Post People 65 and older could be 10…Continue Reading
We’re pleased to introduce Elsie, a nearly 8 year old beautiful long haired cat. She is white with black spots and golden eyes and as friendly as you could ask for. She is social and enjoys being petted. And she LOVES to be brushed. Please consider giving this low energy gal a warm, loving home.…Continue Reading
1. Rep. Jason Perillo explains why police have no choice in car thefts and why that’s a problem for you. ((00:10)) 2. Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim talks about covid vaccines for the 75+ population. ((08:26)) 3. The Red Cross needs volunteers and you can actually help from home! ((16:55)) 4. Science You May Not Know:…Continue Reading
AstraZeneca vaccine shows strong effect against coronavirus with just one dose CT Post Prosecutor: Co-defendant Kent Mawhinney to testify in Jennifer Dulos case CT Post Legislators introduce bill to make pizza the official food of Connecticut CT Post As GameStop stock crumbles, newbie traders reckon with heavy losses The Hour ‘New chance at life’: Man…Continue Reading
1. Ansonia landed two grants to help with two big projects. What are they and their importance? ((00:10)) 2. Stamford’s mayor talks about covid vaccine numbers and how to get your appointment after winter storm cancellations. ((06:29)) 3. February is the month of love and yet we don’t know how to handle controversy with love…how…Continue Reading