Today’s Pet of the Week is Tufoli
- Tufoli is a 10-month-old neutered male
- He is likely a short coat chihuahua mix
- This pup came to us from Bridgeport animal control and is now ready for his new adventure
- He hasn’t had much experience with cats or dogs but would be willing to share his home with a furry friend pending interactions
- He would like to live with adults and kids over 12 with small dog experience
- Tufoli is still a pup and has lots of energy, so he’s going to need exercise every day
Some notes about non-terrier small dogs to keep in mind:
- Because they can be so affectionate, some toy breeds may enjoy living with children but many are not be sturdy enough for the unskilled handling or play style of younger children.
- They are affectionate, sociable and adaptable to a wide range of lifestyles.
- Small dogs are just as capable of learning and being trained as any other dog. Because they are small, training and socialization are very important to help these pups realize that, although bigger than they are, new people and other animals should be welcome friends.
- Small dogs sometimes choose to compensate for their size with big personalities.
- They often make great companions for condominium or apartment living as they do not require much space to receive proper exercise.