Discover Your Talent
Connoisseur Media Connecticut is looking for a part-time, fill-in swing talk show host to substitute weekdays on WICC AM/FM. This position will work unique weekday hours filling in for our talk show hosts. The ideal candidate will be able to execute either two or four hour air-shifts on WICC, along with booking guests, creating compelling local content, fielding listener phone calls, and pivoting subject matter as news cycle dictates. This position will have different hours based on need.
Responsibilities (to include but not limited to):
- Ability to fill-in for local talk show hosts (either in person or with remote broadcast equipment)
- Experience booking guests
- Interacting with listener calls
- Create topical talk content for Connecticut audience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in news/talk format
- Familiar with modern radio automation systems
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking
- Proficiency in communicating effectively
- Ability to communicate with and understand the 45+ adult radio listener
- Work middays and/or afternoon shift
- Demonstrate professional appearance and demeanor
Discover Your Passion
Connoisseur Media is a broadcast media company that delivers quality radio to listeners, advertisers and communities and is recognized as one of the top 20 radio broadcasters in the United States. In the CT area, we deliver top personalities, music, news and information via our local brands like 99.9 WEZN-FM; 95.9 WFOX-FM; 94.3 WYBC-FM, 107.9 WEBE-FM, 600 WICC-AM and 99.1 WPLR-FM. We believe that people are the passion and heart of our Company.
Discover Your Career
We offer competitive pay. If you are a qualified candidate, please send your resume and 3 minute demo to [email protected] with “SWING TALK SHOW HOST” in the subject line.
Connoisseur Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.