Melissa in the Morning is hosted by Melissa Sheketoff who gathers top news headlines locally and nationally to keep WICC listeners in the know, delivering the information that matters most to you.
Every week, enjoy live interviews from state leaders, business owners and local experts. Melissa has recently connected with Governor Ned Lamont, who has agreed to take YOUR questions bi-weekly on the show. Consistently, Melissa also talks to U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal, U.S. Congressman Jim Himes, Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim and State Senator Tony Hwang. Local experts include infectious disease expert, Dr. Fred Browne of Griffin Health, Luke Frey from the Better Business Bureau, The Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities and Bridgeport Health Director Lisa Morrissey.
Enjoy original weekly segments like “Community Inspiration,” “Marriage Advice” and “Crime on the Mind.” Community Inspiration highlights Connecticut residents who live normal lives doing extraordinary things. Every week, you can meet people of all ages who are inspiring their community and loved ones through their work, outlook on life, actions and good deeds. Marriage advice is a bi-weekly check-in with relationship consultant, Bob Donovan, who gives tips to a healthy marriage and perspective for couples to think about. Crime on the Mind features Lt. James Perez from the Fairfield Police Department, who travels around the country teaching crime prevention to other police departments. He gives us the top crimes happening right now and tips for the public to stay safe and be proactive.
You’ll hear weather and traffic on the 6’s from our meteorologist Paul Piorek and our traffic reporter Chris Williams.
1. Officer DeVito touches on triggers on oral exams for potential officers. ((00:10)) 2. Sentor Hwang explains how legislation can get better for CT police. ((13:44)) 3. How the pandemic impacts people with autism. ((28:01)) IMAGE CREDIT: iStock / Getty Images Plus Continue Reading
Kugel: INGREDIENTS: Egg noodles – boil them then set aside ½ lb of cottage cheese ½ lb of cream cheese ¼ lb butter ½ pint of sour cream 6 eggs 2 cups of milk 1/2 cup of sugar 1 teaspoon of vanilla DIRECTIONS: 1. Boil egg noodles until cooked then set aside. 2. Mix together…Continue Reading
1. Dr. Browne discusses the link between contracting covid-19 and your genetics. ((00:10)) 2. Senator Blumenthal talks about possible legislation for black rights. ((06:39)) 3. June is dog licensing month…why it matters? ((12:38)) IMAGE CREDIT: iStock / Getty Images PlusContinue Reading
1. A nursery school teacher explains how to address racial differences with little kids. ((00:10)) 2. Jenny Currie talks about dealing with anger and giving support over hate. ((07:22)) 3. Social media can either spread good or evil…beware. ((16:24)) IMAGE CREDIT: iStock / Getty Images PlusContinue Reading
One week after George Floyd was murdered during an arrest in Minneapolis, protests erupted across the country. 1. Officer Mike DeVito of Milford PD weighs in ((00:10)) 2. Sgt. Robert Derry of State Police talks about blocking highways. ((14:04)) 3. Brad Rumble, a protester, explains the importance of speaking up. ((23:13)) IMAGE CREDIT: Brad RumbleContinue Reading
Recipe: chicken breasts 2 eggs 2 tbsp. of wine or chicken broth 2 tbsp. of butter 2 tbsp. of lemon juice 3 tbsp. of olive oil minced garlic flour Parmesan cheese parsley flakes 1. Mix flour, cheese and parsley flakes on a plate. In a separate bowl, beat two eggs. Cover chicken in the mix…Continue Reading
1. Senator Blumenthal explains the importance of the Hero’s Act. ((00:10)) 2. President of Hartford Healthcare Fairfield Region talks about current status of hospitals ((07:53)) 3. Meet the new health director of Bridgeport. ((14:18)) 4. What does the zoo look like during a pandemic? ((21:36)) IMAGE CREDIT: iStock / Getty Images PlusContinue Reading
1. Nuvance Health bringing back elective surgeries. ((00:10)) 2. Red Cross CT shares the latest on blood drive numbers. ((((06:03)) 3. The NHL is making a comeback! ((12:50)) 4. Epic launch today for Nasa ((18:44)) IMAGE CREDIT: iStock / Getty Images PlusContinue Reading